Golf is a sport guided by several rules and traditions. It is called the “gentleman’s game” and hence call for golfers to be gentlemen! When you are heading towards the golf course, you must arrive on time and have all the necessities for the 18 holes. Different golf courses have different dress codes and one must strictly adhere to the dress code of the particular golf course in which he is playing. Generally speaking, private golf courses have a stricter dress code as compared to that of public courses. Apart from the rules and traditions, wearing the right dress would allow you to play the game comfortably and would make you feel confident.
Here are some general tips for men who are heading to the golf course in terms of what they should wear and what they should avoid wearing while playing golf:
- Golfers using the practice green, driving range golfers, or those who are playing golf should all wear collared golf shirts.
- Leaving the top button, the collared shirt must be buttoned and tucked it. It should also match the shorts or pants the golfer is wearing.
- Wearing tank tops or T-shirts while playing golf indicates that you have no idea of golf etiquette.
- Cotton or polyester blended pants or dress shorts with a flat or pleated front should be worn while playing golf. Though some courses might allow but jeans and denim are not appropriate for wearing on the course.
- Golfers should be wearing belts that are matching with their shoes.
- Tennis shoe, sneakers, or running shoes are at times allowed at some golf courses however; it’s a good idea to buy the right golf shoes as they would not only meet the criteria of most of the golf courses but would also be helpful for playing.
- Most courses require golfers to wear shoes with soft spikes. Wearing proper golf shoes would allow the golfer to stabilize the swing, have traction while walking, and be comfortable during long rounds. Best Men’s Golf Shoes; Buyer’s Guide (2017) provides an overview of the top ten golf shoes for 2017 and guides how to look for the right golf shoes.
- You should not wear golf shoes without socks.
- It is a good idea to pair footies with shorts rather than the gym socks.
- Experts suggest wearing golf gloves that match the golf shoes.
- If there are chances of rain, it’s good to take your golf umbrella and waterproof jacket with you.
- When playing golf in summers or during hot weather, it’s good to wear a golf cap to protect the skin from exposure to sunlight.
These were some of the general tips on how should men get ready for playing golf however; It is important to adhere by the dress code of the golf course you are heading to.
Are you thinking of teaching your kid the game of golf? Buy him the right pair of golf shoes and let him enjoy the “gentleman’s game”. Top 10 Best Womens Golf Shoes provides useful information on the top ten junior golfer shoes and how to select the right pair for your kid.